Friday, January 1, 2010

Week 6 Thing 15: Adding Fractions

Today I made my very own educational video titled Adding Fractions. Students in fifth grade learn a lot about fractions so I thought a video that they could view over and over would be very helpful. After filming I created my final product using Windows Movie Maker. I found the program to be fairly easy to use, however, I think it would take the students some time to be efficient at using the program. When I uploaded my 2 videos I was suprised that Movie Maker took each of my videos and divided it up into segments varing in length from 12 seconds to 1 minute. I'm not sure why the segments were random lengths, however, the short segments made it easier during the editing process. Students will have to be able to identify one video from the next and be careful when adding segments so that they stay in the desired order. I found it really easy to add titles, credits, effects, and transitions. The variety of options was fun to experiement with. Students may find enjoyment doing the same activity. However, I can imagine them spending an incredible amount deciding which options to use, nevertheless becoming more efficient with practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment