Sunday, January 3, 2010

Week 3 Thing 9: Twitter

Honestly, I don't see myself as the type to make frequent updates on Twitter to let the world know what I'm doing. Time is precious and I perceived this to be just another thing to distract me from what's really important in life.
So I reluctantly signed up for a Twitter account recently for the sake of this activity. Then taking some advice I read I kept my twitter account strictly professional.
Well, it was easy to find others in the world of education to follow. I currently have 32 people I'm following. At first I felt totally disconnected to the people I was following and their post. I found some people to have many post that were very impersonal. But as the week went on I was able to learn which people I preferred to follow.
The real excitement came when I started communicating with one of my followers. I was then able to experience how Twitter provides an avenue of actual communication.
I think if I continue to use Twitter I'm going to start following people I know and care about. After all, if I'm not interested in the application then I'm not going to have a desire to find ways I could implement it into my classroom.
Obviously I'm not sold on Twitter, however, I'm going to keep an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment