Thursday, December 31, 2009

Week 5 Thing 13: Google Docs

Google Docs makes it super easy to share documents with other people. Instead of having to send out an e-mail to share a document you can use Google Docs as an online location for all the documents you want to share. Instead of e-mailing and creating multiple copies of one documents you can invite people to view and edit documents in one location. I found this YouTube video to be most helpful.

I've actually worked with Google Docs during a collaboration project at my school. The nice thing about Google Docs was that it allowed multiple people to work on planning the same project and it kept all our ideas in one place.

Today I created a document of my own and I shared my document with a couple of people I invited through e-mail. As I was pondering how this application could be used at my school it dawned on me that the group that creates our school's morning news show could benefit from the easy access and organization Google Docs provides. Students would type their daily scripts just like usual and save them on Google Docs. This would make it super easy for the teacher to view progress and to locate the script if one of the students on the shows is absent. How convenient!

Registar for a free Google Account if you don't have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment