Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 4 Thing 10: Simply Delicious!

Del.icio.us: A social bookmarking tool; http://delicious.com/

For years I've used the Favorites star to bookmark sites I planed on revisiting. Now I see that using this method is old fashioned. Del.icio.us allows me to bookmark my favorite sites with the option of sharing them and accessing them anywhere I have Internet access. How convenient!

As I was browsing through the sites bookmarked on the academy2020thing's page I came across some familiar sites and some that are potentially useful. However, in order to maximize the effectiveness of del.icio.us I will have to sign up for my own account. That way I will have my personal sites available for super easy access.

I can see the potential of this tool in the classroom. I imagine marking the sites that I plan on using for my own professional development and even more so to mark the sites I want kids to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment